Few of Our Favourite Things – 6 Months
September 14, 2016 Raising a Parent
Having a baby fills your house with a ton of stuff…some good, some bad and some downright unnecessary! I am starting this series of posts to share the things that we are liking each month, as our baby grows. They may be things which are useful and have made our life easier, those which are fun and Baby N has been enjoying, or just stuff that is too cute not to share.
So here goes, all the things that we are currently loving in our 6th month:
1. Snappi – This is a must-have if you are a cloth diapering mom, especially if you use flats and prefolds. I have a super active and wriggly baby, who rarely stays in place for 2 minutes and rolls over every chance he gets. Trying to fasten a diaper pin on was a Herculean task requiring one person just to hold him down while I navigated the pin through the layers of cloth, trying to avoid poking the baby and myself. Snappis are quick, easy and safe and I can put them on with one hand even when I’m half asleep.
2. WonderKart Wobbling Tumbler – This is one of those roly-poly toys that does not fall over. No matter how much you push, it doesn’t fall or roll around, just wobbles back up straight. This Wonderkart toy has a pleasant jingling sound as well as it wobbles. I like this toy because I can leave Baby N to play with it independently, he keeps batting it back and forth without it rolling away. Also this is one of the few toys he simply cannot mouth so it gets an extra thumbs up from me 🙂
3. Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?: Dr. Seuss’s Book of Wonderful Noises – If anything can make the long wait at the paediatric clinic slightly easier, it just has to make it to our list of favourite things! I found this book in the waiting room and it was so much fun with all the sounds and rhyming verses. Now I make it a point to pick it up and read it to Baby N every time we make a visit to the doc. I’m definitely going to buy this book for when he is older and can follow along making the sounds himself.
4. Baby TV Bedtime Programmes – Baby TV has a range of entertaining and educational programming, but at 6 months what we love is the the “Dreamy Nights” and “Sweet Dreams” programs for some light, calming music. We use this, with the screen turned off of course, to get Baby N ready for bedtime and it never fails to calm him down. If you don’t get this channel though, I believe they have some music available online on their website and Youtube channel as well.
5. Fisher-Price Quick Clean Portable Booster – The most exciting development this month is starting solids. This booster seat strapped onto a chair fits right at our dining table and we are so excited to have Baby N join us in our family meals. Super easy to assemble and detach; portable for weekend visits to grandmom’s house as well. It has 2 dishwasher-washable tables and a flap at the back to store wipes for easy access.
Disclaimer : This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a referral commission if you make a purchase using these links. I only recommend products are services that I use and love myself and am in no way compensated for my reviews. Thank you for understanding 🙂